As you might have guessed earlier, the washing of the membrane must be taken as seriously as possible. Before you wash a membrane suit or other product made of this material, be sure to remember the following recommendations:
1. Check your clothes for foreign objects in your pockets. All foreign objects must be removed before washing a membrane jacket or other item made of membrane material.
2. If the jacket has fur, it must be removed. If it is not possible to unbuckle the fur in your jacket, it must be wrapped in a plastic bag and tied tightly to prevent it from getting wet when washing.
3. Before you wash the membrane jacket, remove all fittings and zippers, buttons and buckles, and anything decorative. Nothing should hang loose when washing and metal objects should not oxidize.
4. How do I wash the membrane fabric? Fill a container with warm water at a temperature of 30 to 40 degrees in sufficient size, then dilute it with the necessary amount of quality special detergent.
5. Drop the membrane clothing in water and start washing it. Do this gently but quickly to minimize the product’s time of contact with water. Before you wash the clothes from the membrane, it is advisable to immediately remember where the stains are on the clothes so as not to waste time looking at them empty.
6. In case some stains do not disappear, use a brush. Before you wash the membrane jackets and other items, immediately place the brush or sponge next to you.
7. After the laundry is finished, clothes should be rinsed under cold water. Now you can start pre-drying – soak clothes with napkins to soak in water.
You have received an answer to the question of how to wash your jacket with your hands, but for some it may seem insufficient. Many people actually wonder how to wash the membrane in the washing machine so as to avoid many problems with clothes. This manual will therefore address this issue as well.